Threaded View

Default Problems Disconnecting Scope from ACP

Hi,

I’m trying to solve an issue between my scope and ACP.

I connect the telescope to ACP using telescope >> connect in ACP. All fine.

But when I try to disconnect the scope from ACP using the ACP telescope >>> disconnect command, ACP locks up and hogs the CPU (25% vs usual 4%). I eventually have to use ctrl-alt-del to close things down.

The scope is RC Optical Systems 24" on the professional series mount, using the RCOS driver.

I’ve tried to isolate the issue as much as possible, disabling the dome and not connecting Maxim, etc. The issue appears to be isolated between ACP and the telescope driver.

In the meantime, I’ve put up with the inconvenience of using ctrl-alt-del manually to close ACP but I’m trying to automate the observatory shutdown process via scripts and I can’t get past the point of disconnecting the scope.

Many thanks!

Mark Williams
    Any suggestions or further diagnostics?
    Last edited by Bob Denny; Aug 27, 2012 at 16:17. Reason: Remove black color on text

Thread Information