Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default theSky 6 does not appear to be installed on this system

Hi,
    I just reinstall my pc with Windows 7 64 bits and I have the following problem when I try to start TheSky Plan Capture:
    TheSky 6 does not appear to be installed on this system...

May because TheSky has been installed in the folder "Programmi (x86)" because is not a 64 bits application?

Fortunately I have an old pc with XP, so at least I can work on that...

regards
    Stefano
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bith Planner and TheSky are 32-bit apps, so the COM/scripting interface of TheSky should be visible and usable by Planner. Have you installed the latest Planner (4.0.7, soon to be 4.1)? If not give that a try. After releasing 4.0.5 I made several changes to the installer (not the program itself) for 64-bit systems, resulting in 4.0.7.

Well you might as well grab 4.1.1 which corrects a bug found by Tom Krajci relating to importing ACP Plans. I'm going to announce it in a day or two.

http://download.dc3.com/ACPPlanner-4.1.1-Setup.msi

It may not fix your problem though... I have to test with TheSky on 64-bit. If you can't get it working let me know and I'll add that to my list.
    -- Bob

Hi Bob,
    I installed the version 4.0.7 and now the 4.1.1, and the problem is still there.

let me knwo if you find some solution, as I say is not urgent, I can work on my old XP box.

regards
    Stefano

Just as a reference point, the same issue with my Windows 7 Pro 64 bit installation. TheSky 6 works fine but Planner doesn't seem to be able to call it. Even with TS6 open, no go. I haven't cheked on my XP 64 install.
    Steve
    http://www.astral-imaging.com

Scottsville, Virginia
    ACP Expert
    AP1200GTO
    Tak EM200
    AP 92mm Stowaway
    OGS 12.5" RC
    TAK FSQ-106ED
    STL-11000M/CF8
    ST10XME/CFW8
    Pyxis 3" Rotator
    Starlight Xpress UltraStar Guider
    MMOGA

OK, I'll have a look at this one and try to reproduce it. Do you see the error message during installation of Planner or does TheSky Plan Capture install and appear on the desktop, but it doesn't work?
    -- Bob

Hi Bob,
    no I don't see any error messages durring the installation

regards
    Stefano

OK, I'm back in the office. I loaded TheSky 6 Professional + update 6.0.0.61 and ACP Planner 4.1.1 on a Windows 7 x64 system... and I can reproduce the problem. Neither TheSky Plan Capture nor TheSky Quick Capture can find TheSky 6.

Neither can I! Its scripting interface registration is not present at all. It is as though TheSky has no scripting interfaces at all. I searched the registry thoroughly for any instance of "TheSky6.TheSky", the component ID of its scripting objects. I could not find it.

It seems as though TheSky 6 on Win7/64 cannot be used by Planner's TheSky integration features. I will spend some time looking at the Bisque support forum and see if I can learn more...
    -- Bob

Default Sky Plan Capture and Quick Capture on WINDOWS 7

ACP planner appears to work with Sky6, however sky plan capture and quick capture do not acknowledge that sky6 is installed on windows 7...... Will a fix be made soon.....

http://forums.dc3.com/showthread.php?t=4470

OOPS. Wrong, This doesn't solve the 64 bit problem.
    Last edited by Bob Denny; Apr 7, 2010 at 08:58.
    -- Bob

Smile 64 bit Win 7, TheSky6, and ACP Planner

I also just recently upgraded to a Win 7 64 bit machine. I was having the problem where "The Sky was not found". I went in and clicked on the Icon for TheSky6 on my desktop and selected "Run as Administrator" and also downloaded and installed the 4.1.1 version of ACP Planner. Things are now working again and I can use my 64 bit Win 7 machine, TheSky6 (version 6.0.0.60), and ACP planner and the TheSky Plan Capture.

All is now well again. I couldn't tell if others had gotten things working but thought that I would post all is well here.

Thread Information