Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hi John, This is really good work. But it does not work if the and camera are not connected, because the parameters <%=wd%> and <%=ht%> are given value only when the camera is connected. You need to define the "var"statements for wd, and ht up in front of the If(Util.TelescopeConnected) statement with some default values. Then recalculate ratio and ht inside the Camera.Connected loop for when the camera is connected. Var wd can be left at the top since presumably you'd want that to be same.
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    w. focal reducer to f/5.3 ~ FL 1630mm
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XME
    FOV ~ 15' x 10'
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    MaxIm and, of course, ACP!
    AAVSO Code: BRIC

Hi Dick,
    Yes, you are right.
    I updated the zip attachment with the correction for that.
    Height and width variables are defaulted outside of the conditional logic (of camera connection) now and only height is needed in the Camera.Connected loop.
    I also updated to account for rectangular pixels in sensors.
    John

Sorry I wasn't complete enough - it has be outside the telescope conditional logic, too. And to work properly the telescope and camera have both to be connected.
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XME
    FOV ~ 15' x 10'

No that was me not being clear enough
    The latest zip attachment had already included the variable declaration outside both the telescope and camera connection routines.
    I can see the default with both camera and telescope disconnected.
    John

You guys are the bomb!
    -- Bob

Hi again, John, Bob.

Looks good now!! I have only two comments. My preference for the width of the image is to be a lot less, and so I set mine at 450. Your preference, John, is wider at 700. I suppose it's okay to suggest that users can edit that (those, including the default ht) for their own preference. I certainly would do that. But not everyone will want to or be able to. I guess it's not a good idea to make that default something the users enters in an input box - especially since the tiddler does not stop to wait for input!

The other comment is that I've made my default ht equal to the default wd. This gives three possible outcomes for the picture - no telescope/no camera = square 30' image at the default RA/Dec; telescope/no camera = square 30' image at the telescope's RA/Dec; and telescope/camera = correctly proportioned image at the telescope RA/Dec.
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XME
    FOV ~ 15' x 10'

Yes. I added attribution to the slide-out help too. Attached is the final (tabbing and indents formatted, edit tracks at the top).

Attached Files Attached Files
    -- Bob

As I look further into tiddlers, the flexibility becomes more and more impressive.
    Anyway - thanks Bob (and Dick). I focused in on this as a learning exercise and glad I did.
    Makes it easier to envisage how I want my obs site to look and how I can achieve it.
    All I need now is for my new mount to turn up - the old one has been stripped down in preparation so I have no way of operating right now!
    Tonight is a really clear night too (a rare one in the UK)- very frustrating!
    Ah well
    John

Well just be sure to adopt the discipline of marking any existing tiddler you touch, and the ones you create, with the Custom and UserContent tags, then copy their contents into text files (i end them in .tid.html) so you can merge your changes using a merge tool when IO release a new version. I'm glad you're enjoying it!
    -- Bob

Thread Information