Hybrid View

Default Seletek Controller for fans and heater control

I have an Knaeble RC360 f/8 with a Seletek controller which uses USB with and ASCOM driver to operate the focuser, fans, and heater. FocusMax controls the focuser and that works. How can I turn the fans and heater on or off. I can use the Seletek interface to do it manually.
    Thanks, Bob Donaldson

Lightbulb Seletek Pin-by-Pin ActiveX protocol

Lunatico Astronomia’s Seletek Observatory Controller software can be accessed directly via ActiveX objects using Seletek’s Pin-by-Pin protocol which can be called to switch on or off the individual outputs of the Seletek controller for fans and heater.

This gives you the ability to write small custom tiddler scripts that call the Seletek Pin-by-Pin ActiveX objects via ACP’s web browser and also via customisation of the observatory startup and shutdown scripts.

There is a brief overview and a sample test demo script under “Advanced Uses” in the Pin-by-Pin section of the Seletek user manual.

Controlling Seletek output on-off functions via ActiveX scripting and the Pin-by-Pin protocol is very simple but I don’t recall there being a method to control PWM values via Pin-by-Pin for variable power output (for heater power setting etc) and there is nothing written in the Seletek manual that covers variable PWM settings. Unfortunately I no longer have mine (old v1 version) having replaced it with a Dragonfly controller several years ago but a question posted on the Lunatico support forum should see a quick reply from Jaime Alemany of Lunatico Astronomia whether PWM setting is accessible via the Pin-by-Pin protocol and a sample script if it is.

William.

Thank you William!!
    -- Bob

Thread Information