Hi,
I'm trying out Scheduler and I was having problems with connecting to the roof control the second day of a Scheduler controlled period. I "think" I might have tracked down the problem but I need to know how ACP and Scheduler interact around dome/roof control to confirm I have fixed it. This is what was happening:
  • Night 1
    • Scheduler runs observatory startup
    • Power on for scope and a powered USB hub (that has cameras etc and the roof control USB connection)
    • Connection to Roof works fine
    • Opening and closing for weather works fine
    • Shutdown at the end of the night shuts off the power (including the USB hub with the connection to the roof - the effect of shutting the power off to the hub is like disconnecting the roof controller USB connection during the day)
  • Night 2
    • Scheduler runs observatory startup and powers everything up OK
    • When connecting to the scope the dome/roof connection starts OK but at the point it tries to check the roof status I get an error from the roof control driver message saying no roof controller present. I have to hit OK and then the only way to get everything working is to restart ACP and Scheduler

Things I tried to investigate/narrow it down:
  • If I stop and start ACP after after Night 1 shutdown I don't get the problem
  • If I only use ACP (no Scheduler) and leave it running over multiple days connecting and disconnecting to the roof I get no problems

What seemed to work (at least for 2 days now)
  • I moved the USB connection to the roof controller to a different USB port so now the USB connection is active all day and night

So does it make sense that should have fixed it ? Is there something in the way things work that means Scheduler expects that USB connection to stick around ?

Thanks
Andrew