Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default New error crashing run (USB contention)

This is the 3rd time I've gotten this error in a run in the last week. It says maxim invalid input and stops the run??
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can you share some details of your setup? e.g. version of MaxIm ? are you running ACP8 sr1? which guide camera and camera? OS ?
    (I see the error right at the end of the log. No idea why - someone else will have to weigh in)

This is happening inside the guiding startup code. The only way to get the specifics on this kind of error is to set an option that stops the run with a popup box containing the specifics. Please turn on AcquireSupport popup option shown below. Your run will stop (it was stopping anyway, right) but this time with a popup. Take a screen shot of the popup and reply with that.

-- Bob

Default Screen shot as requested

screenshot.jpg

Happened again last night

It appears that the mount and ACP are incorrectly communicating as the mount position in ACP and what the AP driver says are different. If I disconnect the mount from ACP and reconnect it, everything is fine

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Miller View Post
    It appears that the mount and ACP are incorrectly communicating as the mount position in ACP and what the AP driver says are different. If I disconnect the mount from ACP and reconnect it, everything is fine
    This is unrelated to the error above. I'll take this to a separate thread.
    -- Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Miller View Post
    Happened again last night
    Got it from the screen shot. Make sure you shut that debug option off now.

The guide star that ACP chose is so close to the edge of the guider chip that the creation of the little trackbox image failed. I'm guessing that this failure is with the same target each night (same selection of guide stars). The logic is supposed to prevent selecting a star that close (16 pixels). But do you have Multi-Star guiding selected in MaxIm? This does not have the edge test (and cannot, actually). In fact it could be argued that the little guide star preview is not valid for multi-star guiding, and that only the "click to show entire guider image just before start" is useful.

Whether or not you are using multi-star will guide me further. At least I know what's happening and I already have some logic to add for the long term.
    -- Bob

Not using multi star, but look at the mounts reported position, it should be at 74

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But yea it is same target now that I think about it!

It takes 1 or 2 shots then it fails. I think one time I noticed there was some kind of error about high dec

Thread Information