While its been frustrating and I wish there was a bit more transparency about what is going on, my opinion is that the issues are being taken seriously by Diffraction, even if its not always perceived that way.

My experience is that they are working to resolve issues and have been making progress. I have an SBIG STXL-11002 with AO-X in a remote setup and have encountered many problems over the last nine months or so. I've had problems with hangs, mistaken error conditions, dialog boxes opening in the middle of the night and bum guider data. Its taken a long time but it appears that all of the issues I've seen, save one, have been fixed. My experience so far with the latest version of Maxim and the SBIG driver is that the problems I had been having are resolved. I am not implying others are not continuing to experience serious problems, only that progress is being made.

My one remaining issue related to the AO-X is still unresolved. While I wish it was fixed too, I'm confident that its being worked by Diffraction and I believe it will get resolved eventually. I'm in regular contact with the engineer working on it.

Has it been taking longer than I'd like? Yup. Do I wish the communication were better? Yup. Do I think they will get the problems resolved? Yup. My opinion is that their business depends on it so they will do whatever it takes.

Just my 2 cents..