Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Weather Server from File?

Hi there,

I am evaluating ACP on a remote telescope in Spain. The roofs are controlled by the hosting provider, so I actually never know if the roof is open or closed (or better: ACP doesn't know).
    Now they provided me with a network folder with some files which describe if the roof is open or closed, and a file from AAG_CloudWatcher (AAG_Log.csv and AAG_CCDAP4.dat). Now, for ACp I usually would install AAG_CLoudWatcher as remote, but the corresponding file is missing.

So I was thinking in programming a simple server, reading the file with "OPEN" or "CLOSED" status of the roof, and return the data to ACP. Is there any easier way of doing this?

Thanks,
    lukas

I wrote something similar for Sierra Remote. They have a roof status file and a Clarity/Boltwood 1-Iine file with weather info. Look in WeatherComponents for the SRO weather server. It is in script. We will be back in the office next week.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444847163.153030.jpg
    -- Bob

Hi Bob,

I actually was able to change the file you wrote slightly, and ended up with a working script for Astrocamp nerpio
    So, in case somebody needs it, just let me know

Let me return and replace the file access code with that written by Rob Hawley ... We're back driving again now. You could search for Rob Hawley and find his BoltwoodFile thread, then find the post toward the end that has his code for opening and reading the file. It is more robust than mine! Also once you have used the server for a while, perhaps you could donat it to th cause... I would include it in future versions with credit to you...
    -- Bob

Actually I found out that ACp still thinks the Weather is unsafe. I cannot get out why: IsSafe returns true (or, well, "Wahr" as it's a german system). The Cloudy function returns "0" which is also correct...

Lukas if you want please zip and post your modified weather server. I will look...
    -- Bob

Hi Bob,

mail is underway.

Thanks
    Lukas

I received it. In the future note that you can attach documents here <- link to attaching instructions

I will look the two weather servers over this afternoon.
    -- Bob

As always when looking at others' code I have several questions and I see problems. I think we need to talk by voice. I am in the rest of the week.
    -- Bob

Would Friday afternoon (like, I don't know, 16 UTC or so) be ok for you?

I actually just used the existing weather component ad removed quite a bit of things. At the end, I just need to check if a file contains "OPEN" or not. If yes, weather is safe, otherwise it isn't. Strangely I seem to always have ACP think it's unsafe, even if Console.log's show it's safe...

Thread Information