Default ACP Scheduler, Image Set called for Full Calibration, No calibration occured

Bob, I tried the Post Processing - Full Calibrate in Scheduler for the first time. The ACP voice said "Calibrating" and the log says:

06:40:27 (starting exposure)
    06:43:28 (exposure complete)
    06:43:31 (exposure complete and image downloaded)
    06:43:31 Calibrating image...
    06:43:32 Image finished

No Calibration occurred. MaximDL is set up with the proper Set Calibration Folder and the MaximDL Calibrate Image works fine manually.

Any idea why it did not work automatically? Probably a MaximDL setting somewhere, but I cannot find it.

Jerry Gunn

If it said Calibrating... and no error, it's hard to understand why it didn't calibrate. Did you maybe look at the image (which I can't tell its name because I can't see the rest of the run log)? In the FITS header is there any indication? Is it 16- or 32-bit? If 32-bit it did get calibrated. There is no setting in MaxIm that I know of that would cause a silent "no op" on calibration. If you remove or alter the cal frames in MaxIm/s cal wizard so it can't calibrate you should get an error on calibration. If you can easily re-setup the MaxIm cal wizard, try clearing it out so it can't possibly calibrate and see what happens when it tries. I am doing a lot of guessing here...
    -- Bob

Bob, Well, I rechecked the images and found that ACP/Scheduler saves both the RAW image and the calibrated image. I was using a small screen laptop and due to scrolling limits, did not see the "RAW" at the beginning of the file name. I thought I was going nuts because I would load the same file and get a calibrated image and then load it again and its now uncalibrated! So user error. Sorry to waste your time on this. I have decided to buy ACP. Not sure about Scheduler yet, but I like it.

Jerry Gunn

Ah ha... that explains it. Thanks for letting me know!!!
    -- Bob

Thread Information