Hybrid View

Default Getting started file...missing?

I downloaded the trial version of ACP yesterday and started reading the getting started file. I decided to postpone it to today to get a fresh start. Going abck to the Start menu or even perusing the ACP files, I cannot for the life of me find that first file is says for you to open and read before starting the software. Can anyone give me a location or link to it?

Hi Grant,

Welcome aboard. Look again in Start menu: All Programs: ACP Observatory Control. In there is a readme file and a User's Guide. The User's Guide is also found
    here: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACP Obs Control\Doc\ACP Help.chm (Click on the Contents tab)

Let me know if this doesn't do it for you.
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

Thanks, Dick! I'm using Win 8.1 and my start menu/programs are hidden. I was able to paste a copy of the 'read me' and startup help files from the directory files to my desktop. Thanks!
    Last edited by Grant Hiestand; Sep 23, 2015 at 19:05.

Grant,

On the Windows 8.1 main screen, right-click in the lower-left corner, and that should bring up a drop-"up" menu of other choices.
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

Excellent! Thanks again! I have started configuring Maxim and working my way slowly through the setup steps.

Thank you sir! Windows 8.1... it is quite inscrutable...
    -- Bob

I'm actually thinking of moving over to Win 10 for the imaging laptop. I already have that on my main computer. The laptop is running very well right now as it is, however...just the way I want it....makes me a little afraid to switch over for fear of messing something up! I have the help file on my main compy and have been going through the setup pages in Maxim.

I have to wonder if there was (someday in the future) a way you could make your program simply poll the Paramount, gather all its setup parameters, then start integrating and controlling TheSkyX directly.

I'm already controlling the Paramount. TheSky as a planetarium doesn't offer much and recall I address all manner of hardware. Or maybe I misunderstood you.
    -- Bob

I should have been a little more clear: Controlling the tools directly in TheSky rather than use FocusMax or Maxim. I'm doing everything manually in TheSkyX except guiding: focus, slew, plate solve, exposures, flats acquisition. For guiding I'm using PHD2 rather than the focusing program that comes with the camera add on.

No, ACP is designed to use MaxIm DL for image acquisition, guiding, and calibration, and focusing is done either by FocusMax or PlaneWave PWI. Keep in mind you don't interact with these programs once they are installed and set up. Your work is through a web interface that is mobile aware. TheSky is used by ACP as a mount controller.
    -- Bob

Thread Information