Default Hardware Recommendations for scheduler automation

I have ACP, personal version.....I operate my roll-off roof through my snicker-net (I put on my snickers, walk out to back yard and open it or close it by hand)!!!

I'm looking at going full remote, so I would upgrade to scheduler (Expert) version. My scope would be about 200 miles away. I would have a roll-off roof.

Are there any recommendations for hardware (weather station, cloud sensor, etc)?? I have nothing in this realm of hardware, so I want to purchase whatever will work best with ACP.

I'm told that the roof controller should be Foster's system. Is that ACP compatible?? I'm assuming anything ASCOM will work....but if anyone has specific good or bad experience I would sure like to hear about it.

Thanks in advance,
    Wes Grimes

Hello,

I'm using AAG CloudWatcher (as weather station) and ScopeDome (as Dome) with ACP during 1 year. Everything works good.

2014-05-23-07-25-18-1024pix.jpg
    Astrosib RC360,
    WS-240, SitechII,
    ScopeDome M3 v3,
    FLI (PL16803+CFW7+LRGB+Ha+OIII+SII),
    RoboFocus, Optec Gemini Focusing Rotator
    Off-axis - SX Lodestar X2

http://astro.ioda.by

I would add that your roof should, if at ALL possible, be able to open and close with the scope in any position. I would make it big enough so you can upgrade to a bigger scope in the future ha ha.
    -- Bob

Thread Information