Threaded View

Default 16'' LX200GPS runaway during autofocus

Hi,
    Tonight when observing with our 16'' LX200GPS, ACP started an autofocus run (one of many tonight). I spotted FocusMax complaining about having any stars. As the night was perfectly clear I ran to the dome and found the telescope pointing at the floor. I looked through the log file but could not find anything conclusive about what exactly had happened.

When untangling the telescope I found that it appeared to take off East and possibly attempted to go the long way round to the focusing star (?). The declination position was correct. HA was out ~180deg. Attached is the full log from tonight. You can see the system was working well until ~03:40 UT.

Has anyone seen this type of runaway problem before? I am currently using older versions of ACP/MaxIm/FocusMax while I continue preparing our new observatory PC with up to date versions of everything.

Cheers
    James
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)