Threaded View

Default [CLOSED - MASTER THREAD] ACP and MaxIm get stuck at the end of acquiring an image

I started a new post because this is getting too tangle with the SBIG and Maxim DL 6.09

Some history.

I have been using Maxim DL 6.08 for a long time with ACP 8.01 and 8.02 on many clear nights. This problem the first night I used ACP 8.03. It happens every time using the exposures I used and tested at 300 and 600 seconds.This is exactly what happens.

I take a series of exposures with the guider turned off and I don't seem to have this issue. When I guide after x (x can be any number) exposures Maxim DL exposure reads 300 of 300 seconds with a message saying waiting for Maxim DL. ACP exposure display says 269 of 300 but this could be a delay to the web page. I discovered the second thread option which I was told did not work very well in 6.08. But I tried it anyway and I set it to the camera only. This did not help so I upgraded to maxim DL 6.09 with the same problem. So I went back when the guider was running and discovered it had a 2nd thread. So I turned it on as well and ran a test in ACP and after 10 exposures I stopped. I started scheduler and it ran all night long with no problems at all. The next clear night I will run scheduler.

I have to go back and say 8.02 never did this with 8.02 or 8.01 using Maxim DL 6.08. So I can install Maxim DL 6.08 if you wan to see why 8.03 started doing this

I have a suggestion for ACP 9. After field test 2, release a RC version of ACP 9 without making any code changes and see if the RC is ok when final release.

I attached 2 logs

Bad is when the problem happens, BTY using task manager to kill ACP is the only way to restart another run. Stopping Maxim DL with guide and camera does not free it

Good is last night using scheduler

If I install 6.08 again, I need to try a test version of ACP because 8.03 will not work. if I put back 8.02, which I can't do.

Anyone having this problem out there on earth

Bob, I am on a site helping install a observatory in Colorado so I have lots of free time so feel free to call me anytime if needed

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From Bob

The log just ends as though it was partially written.

04:15:08 [T] [tkpic] Looping - REM = 75 PRG = 0.875 STAT = 3
    04:15:09 [T] [tkpic] Looping - REM = 73 PRG = 0.8783333 STAT = 3
    04:15:12 [T] [tkpic] Looping - REM = 72 PRG = 0.88 STAT = 3
    04:15:13 [T] [

Is this what you're referring to? Was this with 2nd thread on or off? Does it hang with 2nd thread on OR off? Note that ACP uses a different image downloading method compared to CCDC (Auto-Download OFF). Is it possible that the hang is with the "downloading image" phase?

Would you be willing to uninstall MaxIm 6.09 and replace it with MaxIm 6.08 then test? I really don't like to do things like that, nut I need to make sure of my suspicions... that this is a new MaxIm 6.09 problem. This is what Mike Miller is saying, the problem went away when he went back 66.08. The problems went away with 6.08. If you are willing, be sure to save your configuration just in case something is lost.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Dean Salman
    Deep Sky Remote Observatory

https://deansalman.photography
    http://www.sharplesscatalog.com

Thread Information