Hybrid View

Default Update on Tapatalk - Looking Great!

Over the last six months, the Tapatalk app for iOS and Android has undergone rapid and positive improvement. I have completely switched my position on Tapatalk now. It is a really nice way to work with forum systems. It does take some exploration and use to "get it" but once you do, you won't want to go back. The push notifications, quick access to subscribed threads, one-view list of unread posts in all sections, and so much more.

I suggest you download the Tapatalk app for your iPad or Android tablet and start exploring. It will be confusing at first. Persevering use and exploration will reveal its great functionality.

It's only flaw is that it doesn't honor the threading in the forum system. To me it's worth that limitation.
    -- Bob

I'll reinforce this. I have been using Tapatalk quite a bit lately (despite it not doing threading correctly, for that I apologize). The push notifications on subscribed threads have been great (well, in a way it makes my life hell ha ha). I keep a dozen or so threads on my subscribed list (the star on the thread in Tapatalk) as a way to mark "open" issues. new activity rings my bells, and I get a separate display of recent traffic on my subscribed issues in Tapatalk. Navigating in the app takes some practice, it is "unusual", but once you wrap your head around it, it's quite clever and useful. The unread feed is also very useful.

Again my only (big) complaint is that it doesn't thread (or at least I don't know how to access that feature).
    -- Bob

Thread Information