Default iTelescope needs decimal format

Hi Bob, When I import a mosaic into Planner, it converts the Sky X object's RA and Dec from decimal to degrees and min, secs. Is there a setting in Planner to keep the object's coordinates decimal? Thanks! Rick

No, but what are you looking for? Are you building plans to submit to iTelescope or are you capturing coordinates from TheSky then reading them from Planner? If the first case, then probably Planner needs to produce plans in decimal degrees, regardless of where the coordinates came from (TheSky, manual input, etc.). Is this what you need?
    -- Bob

>> Are you building plans to submit to iTelescope or are you capturing coordinates from TheSky then reading them from Planner?

It's a combination of the two. I create a mosaic in SkyX Pro, copy the decimal coordinates for the mosaic onto the clipboard, then import those coordinates into the Planner using the SkyX mosaic option. Then my plan is saved and it no longer has decimal coordinates. I then have to manually tweak the text file plan and convert the coordinates to decimal format so it works with iTelescope. It would be great to have decimal coordinates as an option in planner. Thanks!

Are you saying that iTelescope doesn't support sexagesimal coordinates in ACP Plans? That would surprise me. I wonder if maybe there is another issue here? What is the error you get from iTelescope?
    -- Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denny View Post
    Are you saying that iTelescope doesn't support sexagesimal coordinates in ACP Plans? That would surprise me. I wonder if maybe there is another issue here? What is the error you get from iTelescope?
    iTelescope doesn't support sexagesimal coordinates. Here's what Aron emailed me:

"The standard version of ACP is designed to work with many catalogs so chooses the most standard format when using the ACP planner. It's been a while since I've used the planner, but I believe there is a way to set it up to use the decimal format as well."

I couldn't find where I could set it up to use the decimal format. It would be great to have that option. Thanks!

Thread Information