I posted this here is case there was anything in ACP that could be added to help, suspect not. It is a interesting message when using the ascom driver and how a park position is defined, like in the AP mounts.

Gary,
In case you see this message. I started the plan tonight.

I see what the problem is. ACP when the sky X is not connected parks in a default home position (defined my ACOM driver) which is on the meridian at 0 degrees. In other words it does not know what a park position is that the user sets in the Sky X. Ok this makes sense. So if you want to use a custom park position in Sky X, the telescope must be connected to Sky X. If ACP can be parked in a defined atl/az position, then maybe sky x would not needed

The reason you are seeing a mount not align message is because ACP parked the mount in the default ASCOM celestron position for park. When you moved the scope to another position to close the roof, you did not unpark the mount first, so it got lost. If you had connected to the Sky X and unpark that would have worked and mount would not have been lost. So tonight I left the Sky X connected to see if ACP parks as the Sky X knows it

IF I had connected ACP to use the Sky control position, I am sure that would have worked. Tonight, ACP is connected using the ASCOM driver for celestron so it may park in that psotion and not what sky x uses, but this is a good test

Find lost scope won't work because the celestron driver will move move the scope when not aligned, ACP log shows this as well. I do wonder if you could just sync on any star and then use find lost scope, maybe another good test if mount gets mis aligned again.

Anyway your plan is running