Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default FocusMax -> ACP Console log data

Since I installed my new obs computer with Windows 8.1 I seemed to have lost some of my console run log data. Specifically my autofocus routine steps. Before I saw every step from Focusmax and now it just shows that autofocus began and I get nothing else until it shows successful at the end.

I can't seem to find any settings where I can increase the amount of feedback I can get in the run log. I just reloaded my profile in ACP when I downloaded and installed the software.

Thanks,
    Joel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In Focus Max you need to turn on the "Forward to ACP" feature. I'm not at my computer but it's in the Preference tab. It might be the bottom/last tab under Preferences.

Larry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have seen the same issue, even with FocusMax set to Forward to ACP, it only sends, only the first focus run of the night shows up in the log, any run after that doesn't.
    I just learned to live without it in the ACP log and read the focusmax log files. This has been an issue for awhile, in v7 and the new beta v8

Thanks Larry, I turned that on but I don't think I've had that on before. I just had saved my profiles in Focusmax before I moved to the new computer and reloaded them.

That's interesting Jeff but I haven't had the same experience. I've been using v7 since it came out and before I went from a Win7 computer to Win8 I could see all the Focusmax details in my console log.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lewis View Post
    I have seen the same issue, even with FocusMax set to Forward to ACP, it only sends, only the first focus run of the night shows up in the log, any run after that doesn't.
    I just learned to live without it in the ACP log and read the focusmax log files. This has been an issue for awhile, in v7 and the new beta v8
    Oh wow, this needs to be reported to Steve Brady too. I don't know who can fix it, but it needs to be fixed!

Personally I haven't seen this here. It may be related to running some things in Administrator Mode (bad juju!!) which Steve had been recommending for a while last Winter. You aren't running anything in Admin or XP Compatibility mode, right? Can you think of any other reason one COM program (FMx) would only "sometimes" be able to write to a property served by COM server (ACP)? If this is repeatable we can solve it. It must be solved.

Does ayone else see this? How about with the PlaneWave PWI Focus program (which also logs to ACP)?
    -- Bob

It is repeatable, and I can send a sample log. I never run anything in Admin mode, unless it is on a engineering test box. I need to go back an verify something I noticed recently, when the FM log window is open (and active), then the data seems to stream correctly to ACP. However I only have one data point here so I need to do more testing to verify.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    I need to go back an verify something I noticed recently, when the FM log window is open (and active), then the data seems to stream correctly to ACP.
    AHHHH!!! That may very well be the issue. Maybe Steve has some optimization where the log is not written to ACP unless it's being written to the FMx window. This was never an issue with FMx 3 in many years.
    -- Bob

Not to through a wrench in the works Bob but I'm running an older Fmx (I think it's 3.76) with Windows 8 and no logging but it was there using the same Fmx version and Windows 7.

If only I could reproduce this. Joel, I assume you have it turned on, right? Open menu, Options (at the bottom) ...

-- Bob

I did some testing last night, and in general what I found is that when bandwidth is restricted, ACP telemetry is dropped from the log sent to the web client. The ACP console displays all entire temeletry stream, I throttled my bandwidth way down to see how the system would respond, and this was the result.

Thread Information