Threaded View

Default [SOLVED, CLOSED] MaxIm measures wrong star position - causes guiding failures

This long thread discusses what turned out to be a corrupted GuiderArray property coming from MaxIm DL on "some" systems. Rather than wait for Diffraction to fix that, I refactored the AcquireSupport library to eliminate ACP's dependence on that MaxIm property. It turned out to actually simplify ACP's code, which had evolved over the years, anyway. The solution is an update for AcquireSupport (8.0.6) that will be in the next ACP hot fix or release. You can find the workaround/fix in this message later in this thread.

I'm having difficulty getting ACP to guide using an AO-X. I am able to guide successfully with the AO-X using Maxim DL directly but when I try to use ACP I get the error mentioned in the thread title. If I don't try to guide ACP works just fine.

What I see happen is I see ACP choose a guide star and do the SNR measurements to find the exposure, I see the Maxim DL AO-X tab switch over to the tracking tab then I get the error. ACP tries repeatedly and eventually gives up trying to guide. I've attached a log file.

I'm running ACP V7.2a and Maxim DL version 6.08 under windows 7. The camera is an SBIG STXL-1102 with FW8G and AO-X unit. I've run the SBIG driver checker and have all the latest drivers.

I've pored over the documentation and done extensive searching on the internet but can't seem to figure this one out. I assume this is pilot error on my part, as I know others with similar setups who have not encountered this problem. I just can't seem to figure this one out.

Any help is much appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bob Denny; Aug 25, 2015 at 15:52.

Thread Information