Hybrid View

Default Pinpoint install problem.

I am having Pinpoint re-installation problems after renewal.

I had problems downloading the software. After that I removed Pinpoint 5.0 because I thought I could just set it up again with the 6.0 download. When I clicked on the "set up" file it gave me this message. "Your Pinpoint free upgrades have expired. Would you like to purchase a year of upgrades and support now." If I say no, it takes me out of the program. If I say yes it takes me to a page that says "This page cannot be displayed." I originally just tried registering it with the new information that was provided in terms of expiration etc. It was on version 5. That didn't work. So now I have no Pinpoint.

I sure would like to have Pinpoint back for tonight's imaging, it looks like it will be clear.

I tried to call, please call back when you can (open 8-5 M-F in Phoenix 480 396 9700). By uninstalling your current PinPoint you removed the ability to enter your new license, then the new version would not install because it would have been non-functional with the old license. We try to anticipate and try not to put people in a position where their old software would not work.

If you can find your original PinPoint installer, reinstall it to get back where you were. Then in the Windows Start menu, All Programs, PinPoint, find Register PinPoint. Enter your new license. Now install PinPoint 6. It should go in without a problem since you will have a current license.

Or just call and I'll help.
    -- Bob

He returned my call. I put the Register PinPoint applet on his system, ran it, and entered the new license, then installed V6. All is well.
    -- Bob

Hi Bob:

I'm having a problem installing Pinpoint 6, which I just purchased a new license for today. I have been using Pinpoint 5.1 up until now. Have read your post and tried what you suggested. I was also getting the following when I tried installing version 6. Initial Message Window.JPG

If I clicked No I was taken out of the program. If I clicked Yes, I was taken to a website, a screenshot which is shown here: Yes response.JPG

I went back to my Pinpoint 5.1 program from the Start menu and went to Register PinPoint. When I entered the new license I was sent via e-mail today the "OK" button wouldn't activate, so I couldn't update the license information and then install the new version of Pinpoint. I'm stuck at this point. Any advice/help will be appreciated! Thanks.

Please note that you have an older version of PinPoint. Look in your license message and you'll see an "old format" serial and that is the one you need to use in your license dialog. If you can['t get it, call and I will do it for you online.
    -- Bob

Thread Information