Thread: AcquireSupport

Hybrid View

Default AcquireSupport

I am evaluating ACP Expert.
    When I try to acquire an image in Simulation mode I am told that AcquireSupport.wsc is missing.
    It says look in the installer package but I can't find that package or the AcquireSupport file.
    Where should I be looking?

marshall edgell

I found AcquireSupport in ACP Obs Support but attempts to register it gives the error DLLInstall failed with error 0x80004005.

marshall edgell

Try re-running the ACP installer. Do not uninstall, just re run it. For some reason, that library didn't get registered. If that doesn't do it, then call 480 396 9700 and I can install it by hand. I will be out tomorrow, but here today, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
    -- Bob

I had done an update which did not solve the problem. I'll try a reinstall when I get home this afternoon.
    The small PC (http://www.logicsupply.com/poc-200/) you recommended is working fine.
    marshall edgell

Update? OK, please allow me to help. This is not supposed to happen obviously :-)
    -- Bob

Bob

Let me try a reinstall first. I can't do it remotely because an anti-software program put the machine into perpetual log off state. I have to get hands on.
    marshall

Hmm.. that might hamper your remote astronomy, as you need to get on and turn things on etc.
    -- Bob

It's true but I got that straightened out.

Bob fixed the AcquireSupport file via TeamViewer; service way beyond the call of duty.

Besides being impressed with the software I super impressed with the support.
    marshall edgell

Thank you Marshall. I don't know how that library got unregistered or not registered in the first place...
    -- Bob

Thread Information