Threaded View

Default Need Feedback from APCC users with ACP

I’m trying to read and learn about APCC. First are you using the pointing correction? It says the driver doesn’t know that APCC is making corrections and there can be two sets of coordinates, corrected and uncorrected. Since ACP is using the driver I see now why I’ve noticed a difference sometimes. I am having issues at times where things are going great for several images then all of a sudden The guide star drifts out of the box and I end up with an image with double stars. ( I am using AOX to complicate things more!) My gut says APCC is kicking in and making a correction that it really shouldn’t and pushes the mount out of whack. Below I have two screen shots. A new model I ran last night and the difference between ACP and APCC in the park 4 position. The only difference I see is a slight change in the RA. I wonder if I should even be using the pointing and tracking corrections since it has encoders? Is this model messing it up?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information