Hybrid View

Default Scheduler and Calibration Frames

Hi,

Probably complete ignorance here ;-), but in playing with the scheduler I was surprised at the way calibration frames were treated. I guess since scheduler allows one to setup months if not years in advance, that one would be able to do the same with calibration frames.

If I'm reading things correctly, you have to decide each time you want flats and setup them up for either dawn or dusk. Why not allow me to say that I want a set of flats created every 3 months? And since I'm using an EL panel for flats, to do them in bad weather and after astro twilight (so any light leaks from the dome are not an issue). Thus the criteria would be every 3 months, bad weather, after astro twilight. btw - I'm not using a rotator either so a flat library works well for me.

Similarly with the darks and bias. If I'm reading things correctly, this is a decide each time and they can only be done after the dawn flats? So why not allow setting it up as every n months, bad weather, after astro twilight (just in case the shutter isn't 100% lightproof over a 30 minute dark)?

Thanx,

Paul Howard

Good ideas, these are the things that come to light after the "hard stuff" is running smoothly!! I have sefveral related tickets in the system now. Here's the main one:

SCHEDULER-1234 - More Intelligent Scheduling of Cal Frames and Panel Flats

You're listed now as is a back-pointer to this thread. I like your ideas.
    -- Bob

That really is a good idea!! Good call Paul!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ken Tydeck
    Mesa, AZ.

TOA-130
    Canon T2i
    A-P 1200GTO
    ZS66
    SBIG STi Guider

Thread Information