Default Planewave/Focusmax/ACP error

Hello fellow Gurus and plebites,
    I have an issue, namely, when I open ACP and connect to the camera, all is well, as is connecting to the telescope. When I run a script such as acquire image, when ACP attempts to load the plan, it always encounters an error trying to load Focusmax (which in turn launches the Planewave focuser app). Now, IMHO, the PW focuser app is way too big for any such function (please pay attention planewave). The only solution I have right now is to make damn sure that focus max/planewave is connected first, before I run the acp plan, then I can proceed. I suspect that there may be a timing issue (i.e. ACP not waiting long enough for FOcusmax to launch itself and the planewave app). If this is the case, is there a hook that I can change to apply a "wait-state" to avoid the error? It would be nice to not have to attend to my "pilot's checklist" in startup, but that has been the way so far. Thanks in advance for the help.
    Clear Skies and may I wish you no software bugs in the windows house of cards,
    Jim

You'll be happy to know that in the upcoming 7.2, ACP supports the PWI auto-focus directly, eliminating the need for FocusMax. There should be no need to "wait" (for how long anyway??) but if ACP is trying to simply change the focus position, and FocusMax is in line with the focuser, and if PWI is the focuser driver then a rather fat chain of events happens as you see. An aside, ACP 7.2 also starts FocusMax up at the beginning of a run, leaving it run for the whole run. I still recommend starting FocusMax (and in your case PWI) up at the beginning of the night. ACP is just twigging the focus position. If there are timing problems they are almost certainly between FocusMax and PWI. As it is, with other focusers the "start on demand" of FocusMax hadn't been a problem. I still agree that it's better to start it once.
    -- Bob

Thread Information