I'll begin this post here as you have to start someplace. Basically, randomly, MaximDL is freezing, which of course causes ACP to stand still waiting for a reply. When I try to disconnect the camera from ACP I get an error message that says "server machine either not present or not available". I have never ever had MaximDL freeze up like this. I installed the new ACP and ACPS, I also just installed a new ASCOM driver for my Pier Tech Roof controller. The new ASCOM driver uses a bonafide serial card and port NOT USB. MaximDL is hooked to the cameras and filter wheel via USB ports. This error can occur nearly immediately or many hours into operation. I don't have a way to put a trace between ACP and MaximDL to see what is going on. Would that be a logical next step? Are their others who in the past have seen this happen? Has anyone experienced it with the new version of ACP, in all my years with MaximDL I've just not had this happen. Is it possible the ASCOM driver is playing a role? The driver appears for all the world to be operating properly, but, it has hidden beneath re connect software to the controller. I cannot tell if that stuff is active or not, and so what if it was should that impact the USB lines to the camera, to ACP??? Need some advice on how to sort this out. I tried all sorts of combinations last night to be able to replicate this and I can't ..... it happens when it happens.....just smells like a conflict of some type but maybe its an intermittent hardware......
ideas?
Peter