Threaded View

Default Flip point confusion [was: RCOS rotator confused post meridian flip]

Hi All,

Will place in the hardware section as I'm not certain if this is strictly ACP related as yet.

I've just had my RCOS TCC2 repaired. I have plugged it in and powered everything up, all looks fine.
    Homed the rotator to mech angle 0 - all good.
    ACP has worked out the rotator mech angle and sky angle differences (bias) - all good.
    Selecting a target in the east, at PA 0, ran guider calibration - clean 'L' shaped result. Took note of angle and entered that into ACP preferences - all good.

Problem occurs post a meridian flip.
    ACP rotates the guider 180 degrees, then plate solves for a pointing update. In doing so it realises that the PA is wrong by 180 degrees and flips the rotator back to 180 degrees to the original PA used for a east (not west). Needless to say I lose the guide star, or in some cases by chance I pick up an unknown star but it can't guide as the rotation angle is wrong so the guide star slowly drifts away.
    All very confusing.

Attached is an ACP log which highlights the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do I need to reset the TCC software configuration or perform some magical registry tweak?
    I have no idea why ACP is so confused. Perhaps TCC is telling it the wrong mech angle but from what I can tell, it looks right.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information