Hybrid View

Default Tapatalk Mobile Forum App Can Be Used With the Comm Center

The Comm Center can be used via native apps on both iOS (iPhone/iPad) and Android (tablets and phones) via the Tapatalk app. Click the image below to go to the Tapatalk site. This app is available in the Android Play Store and the Apple Store.

To find the Comm Center in the Tapatalk directory look for DC-3 Dreams

-- Bob

I just discovered that the older Tapatalk HD on the iPad that I have been using is out of date. The just plain Tapatalk app is the current one and I must say it is really nice. If you have HD, install e newer Plain Tapatalk and spend the time learning how to use it. It's worth it.
    -- Bob

Bad news... Tapatalk's engineers have basically ruined the app. I have never seen such an uprising against a company and its developers as is happening on the Tapatalk forums over the last month or so. Right now, for the current version, the ratings on the iTunes Store and Google Play Store are 1 star with nothing good to say. There are many hundreds of clear and reasonable posts relating to the things they broke and made difficult The sick thing is that the developers are not responding except to say they'll look at it in the near future. The vast majority of posts are saying that they should simply go back a few releases and then take in the user feedback (tons and tons of it). My guess is that some investors are pressuring them to "monetize or die", and the recent changes are trying to make it a social networking system instead of a forum front end. They retired the ad-free Pro/HD version. They gave everyone who bought that "vip" status so they would not see their ads. Then they proceeded to re-engineer it to the detriment of the program. I will continue to support it here, and if you are struggling with the current version(s) please give your feedback to Quoord Systems, and post a review. I'd love to see the handcuffs come off of the developers, as this used to be a very cool app.
    -- Bob

Well apparently Tapatalk took on Venture Capital and the investors are pushing them in a "new direction". The backlash from the community was more vicious and vocal than anything I have ever seen in my many years of being in the software business. The investors must be total idiots because they threw away a priceless combination of brand awareness and market position. Tapatalk had become top dog, beating out Forum Runner and others, due to their outstanding human engineering on their interface to various forum systems out there. The mid-summer Tapatalk HD was simply a beautiful piece of software engineering, as agreed by many many people.

By forcing the engineers to "re-purpose" the software, the human interface was destroyed, replaced by the lame overly cutesy inflated and obscure interface we had in November. The hate mail was unbelievable. It only takes a little bad news to ruin years of accomplishment and growing appreciation.

Well, they are trying to recover. Despite being told that their first step would be to go back to (ad free) Tapatalk HD of Summer 2014, they are not doing that. Mistake #2 (I think they are saving face). Nonetheless they have been making changes that have improved Tapatalk's usability as a forum reader. At least it doesn't force you to see the useless "feed" view when you start it up; it remembers the last view you had. No one can figure out what the feed is supposed to do :-)

Bottom line of this post: Update your Tapatalk and give it another try. It is not at all obvious how to use it, but you can get unread and subscribed views of each forum. The push notifications are useful. Any thread you subscribe to will generate notifications on your iPad or Android in real time.
    -- Bob

Thread Information