Threaded View

Default [solved] AP Driver Issue (was: ACPOCS shows opposite side of pier (E/W) than ASCOM)

Greetings all,

I have recently been going through the 'Getting Started' portion of the help file to get ACP up and running after using CCDAP for about a year. I have no problems connecting to all my hardware and software, but when I connect my mount ACPOCS shows my pier side pointing to the East, while the ASCOM driver windows shows me pointing to the west. This also happens vice versa for ASCOM showing me pointing to the West and ACPOCS showing East. When I attempt to find an Alignment Star, all of the candidate stars are negative altitudes naturally causing my mount to want to slew to a position to view the ground (almost like inverted - where the ground is the sky and the sky is ground). Trying to put in coordinates manually to targets I know are currently visible for my scope kicks back an error 'The slew limits are below the minimum elevation limit'. I currently have my scope set to a 'Min Elevation' of 20 deg. and no 'Observing Horizon' currently in my 'Observatory' tab.

I am currently running:
    • ACPOSC V7.0 build 3
    • ASCOM Platform 6SP3
    • AP 1200GTO Mount
    • Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver v5.05.00
    • MaxIm DL v5.24 (has the same E/W error regardless of being connected or not)

My 'Observatory' tab is set up correctly and works fine in CCDAP and TSX with the same information - so I don't think that is the problem. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?
    I appreciate any time put to this matter, and look forward to getting ACP up and running!

CS,
    Ron
    Last edited by Ron Frisk; Dec 3, 2013 at 16:17.

Thread Information