Threaded View

Default AP Scope not parking correctly

Hope you got my email of last week. The good news is it looks like the initial focus problem has been solved. Not sure what it did, but decided to back up and run first light on focus max from scratch and that seems to have solved the initial focus problem. But, and this is not all bad news, it seems that the scope is still getting lost in shutdown from time to time.

The good news part of this is I have never been totally sure whether this was occurring during or before the shutdown and now I know it is during the shutdown. In each such instance the scope is found jammed in a stalled condition, having rotated in RA past the park position, with ACP saying it is parking the scope and the roof open because the lockout does not confirm the scope to be in position.

Also, perhaps good news - in terms of trouble shooting - in the past this has seemed to be associated with nights with lots of weather shutdowns and thin clouds causing repeated image failures. This time, however, it was clear all night.

Looking at the ACP logs on the final four imaging plans shows a successful image of CL Pup recorded at 5:29 AM. At 5:30 it slews and pin points for an image of CQ Tau, which is called off due to dawn limits. Strangely it then logs an attempt at CO Ori at 5:31, also pin pointed but then called off for dawn limits. Not sure why it would attempt a second object after the dawn limit but that is what it did. Then it reattempts CL Pup. Now remember I have each object in my project twice, so this may have been the reason for an attempt to repeat CL Pup but this attempt, logged at 5:33, is interesting in that there is a fair amount dancing around the meridian and a large 11' pointing error (same level of error as recorded in the previous successful CL Pup event). This one fails not because of dawn but because no stars are found in the final image. This one is also strange because it reports taking a bias frame image? Don't know where that came from. At any rate, at the same time this failed attempt is being reported, ACP Scheduler records that shutdown has been started. Somewhere in this meridian dance and simultaneous shutdown procedure, must be where things went awry.

A reminder, I previously turned off the pointing model feature, hoping that would solve this shutdown problem. Logs are attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information