Thread: AO-7 query

Default AO-7 query

Hi

I downloaded this software a few days ago as had some spare time and clear nights - great product and only just scratching the surface. Very good documentation - I have tried to absorb and read all this so forgive me if my answer is buried in there and I have missed it. My question is that I have an ao-7 guider that has been rock solid in its operation. When i try and guide this within ACP and a scope movement is needed in RA then my guide star is adjusted right off the screen So i recalibrated - same result; then I swapped the x-axis and still the same result. So its as if acp doesnt use the mount settings - is this right ?? I did notice a post a few years back where someone had to insert a "NOT" into ACPSupport script. Tried that but that didnt work either, and I wasnt sure if ACP has changed since that post. Can you guide me as to what you suggest I try next as I feel I am quite close to getting some good use out of this ?

Many thanks George

George --

Assuming that in ACP Preferences, Guiding tab, you have
    1. Guider is an adaptive optics unit and
    2. either Internal (SBIG) or Off Axis Pickoff set and
    3. the Guide sensor rotation angle set correctly
    and assuming that
    1. The AO has been calibrated and
    2. the bumping ("Drive" calibration) has been tested and
    3. in MaxIm alone, the AO runs within 10% to 90% at 10Hz on a bright star for at least an hour
    then I don't know why your guiding is not working. Years-old patches would not apply (and that patch probably wasn't the real problem way back then either ha ha).

If the above is correct, I will have to log on and look and do some tests. Amazingly, you are number four (within the last two hours) needing an online session. That has never happened in 14 years! We will need to be on during the night. I leave for the AIC conference tomorrow night. I currently have Tuesday Oct 15 and Friday Oct 18 open and I am on UTC - 7 time. Let me know.
    -- Bob

Thread Information