Default Multiple ACP Telescopes with one internet service provider

I've been reading the ACP Reference Guide about the "my-sky.com" domain. How do you handle more then one ACP controlled telescope at the same site?

Does each scope get a separate my-sky.com domain or can several scopes be accessed under just the one my-sky.com domain ?

Can several ACP scopes run under one Dynamic IP with a router ? Maybe you could differentiate between the scopes by using unique port pairs for each scope?

The reason I'm asking about this is because I'm about to sign up for a 2 year agreement for satellite internet (Hughesnet Gen4) to support my remote observatory. They currently supply a single dynamic IP with the service, but may be offering static IPs in the future.

Yes one site can have multiple ACP services running. Unless you have two public IP addresses, though, they need to be run on different ports on the same (public) IP address. If this doesn't make sense to you, we'll have to talk because the alternative would be for me to write a book on how NAT, dynamic IP, port forwarding/triggering, and routing works ha ha. You put each ACP machine on separate internal (192.168) addresses, then set up the router to forward port 80 to one and some other port (# over 2000) to the other.
    -- Bob

Just want to make sure I understand. The remote user would login at xyz.my-sky.com for any of the telescopes, but would need to append the non standard port numbers (unique to the specific telescope) to the URL, is this correct ? Could you give me an example of what that URL would look like? Thanks

Yes, that's right.

http://xyz.my-sky.com/ (for port 80, the normal web one)

http://xyz.my-sky.com:8123/ (for port 8123)

or whatever for the port number(s). You could put both on non-standard ones. Note with Team Viewer, you can disable its stealing of port 80 in Team Viewer advanced settings.
    -- Bob

Thread Information