Default I broke Planner trying to get the filters read.

I could not get Planner to read my new filters even though Maxim was connected to the camera and FW. In frustration, I edited the Observatory Profile to add the filters. This turns out to be a mistake. I learned from the other post on reading filters that I should have deleted my Presets. Now, when I try to open Presets to delete them, I get an error "Runtime error 383 'Text' property is read-only". Deleting the Profile does not seem to delete it as when I open Planner, all the data is still there, so I have not yet figured out how to start a fresh install of planner. Uninstalling doesn't do it, so could I get some advice on a fresh start. Thanks, Dick

Hi Dick --

Sorry you got frustrated. I tried to make this as obvious as possible. Waving the mouse over the locked list of filters results in this:

In the help section on Presets, there is a note about this also. I know, some people will be able to figure out how to use presets without reading the help, nonetheless:

Once you think about it, you can see why filter name changes cannot be allowed when there are presets that contain the possibly old filter names. Also, for completeness and consistency, I have to say that uninstall/reinstall cycles are not recommended. I'll help you ASAP, that's what you pay for. If its urgent I accept phone calls, no promises I'll be there, especially on weekends or late at night though

Enough with the caveats .. The easiest way to fix it is to load any known good observatory profile you may have. I'm not sure what you mean by editing the "Observatory Profile". Did you edit the ActiveProfile.xml file or one of the saved XML profile files? Do you have one to restore? Any one would do. Otherwise, you'll have to start from scratch by deleting

C:\Program Files[ (x86)]\ACP Obs Control\Planner\ActriveProfile.xml

Then starting Planner to create a fresh one. When you start you will know you have succeeded because you'll be forced to look at the help file and the Planner will come up in the most minimalist mode, no filters, timing features, etc.

I know the tone of this message may seem condescending etc. but I had to include the initial info so that others who search for this will find it. It is just human nature that some folks go to the forum before going to the help file for the program, and that's OK.

Now I'll try to call to see if there is a back story with which I can also help.
    -- Bob

Bob, Yes it is obvious, but I missed this before I edit it. I did copy from my desk computer, ActiveProfile.xml and it now works. I hadn't realize that when I transferred good Observatory profile from my desk computer to the observatory computer, I also needed to delete the broken ActiveProfile.xml. I did this, it now works and loaded all the filters from Maxim. Thanks, Dick

OK, good. Sorry for not calling, I ended up on phone support till 8PM last night my time (PDT/MST).
    -- Bob

Thread Information