Threaded View

Default ACP 7 fails to close Digital Dome Works/Technical Invovations Dome.

To: 'Peter' <pgprendergast@yahoo.com>
    Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2013 9:19 AM
    Subject: RE: Need Response

Peter,
    It is my understanding that everything worked to satisfaction until you replaced the old computer with a new one - correct?
    No this is not correct and is why i installed a new computer.

I saw nothing in the log that indicated a failure in DDW commands. Forget all the layers of software (ACP, ASCOM, MaxIm etc) and just open the DDW software. Send commands to open the shutter and close the shutter and see if there are any problems doing this. Then, while the DDW is still active disconnect the cable from the DDW to the computer to “disrupt communications”. After 8 minutes the DDW should start beeping, rotates the dome to home and close the shutter.

This is what happens, then I gather your feel your board/software are functioning properly?

If these tests work fine then DDW is performing as it is designed to. If not, pull the DDW board and send in for testing at our shop.

OK I will look to ACP then

That leaves the layers of other software and drivers as the issue. You will need to verify installation and operation of each and come up with a method to figure out where the problem lies. For example, if you downloaded ASCOM 6 for the new computer you must also download the drivers for 6.

The drivers are properly installed.

Jerry

I will pass this email along to Bob Denny then at this time

Bob:
    I continue to have VERY serious problems with dome closure due to unsafe weather. I've finally been burned, the dome remained open and it rained. So, I've been in constant contact with Technical Invovations and you can see their response below. I did not have this problem with ACP 6. Please note Jerry Smith's response below. In addition, sometimes, and you can review the last few ACPS logs in my observatory computer, ACP fails and reports "Digitaldomeworks object not found" so that is what I have for you.
    Peter

To: 'Peter' <pgprendergast@yahoo.com>
    Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2013 9:19 AM
    Subject: RE: Need Response

Peter,

It is my understanding that everything worked to satisfaction until you replaced the old computer with a new one - correct?

No this is not correct and is why i installed a new computer.

I saw nothing in the log that indicated a failure in DDW commands. Forget all the layers of software (ACP, ASCOM, MaxIm etc) and just open the DDW software. Send commands to open the shutter and close the shutter and see if there are any problems doing this. Then, while the DDW is still active disconnect the cable from the DDW to the computer to “disrupt communications”. After 8 minutes the DDW should start beeping, rotates the dome to home and close the shutter.

This is what happens, then I gather you feel your board/software are functioning properly?

If these tests work fine then DDW is performing as it is designed to. If not, pull the DDW board and send in for testing at our shop.

OK I will look to ACP then

That leaves the layers of other software and drivers as the issue. You will need to verify installation and operation of each and come up with a method to figure out where the problem lies. For example, if you downloaded ASCOM 6 for the new computer you must also download the drivers for 6.

The drivers are properly installed.

Jerry
    Last edited by Bob Denny; May 3, 2013 at 17:33.

Thread Information