I live in Massachusettes; Observatory in New Mexico

Default Maxim dl sensor temp

Hi Bob,

During one of our phone calls about the 24 hr GEM flip wait, you referenced the odd data coming back from Maxim dl vis-a-vis the sensor temp. I didn't take note of nor do i remember what you said - the GEM flip was the big problem. Anyway, I notice that Maxim dl Camera Control is reporting a sensor temp of 1.$ and cooler power of 0%. The setpoint is -15 which is what I set in the Scheduler StartUp script. Is this a Maxim dl issue or must I make a change to the startup script?

..george

I would need to see what you mean by "showing" ... where? I'm in a car on the way back from the conference. Maybe we can catch up next week. I am going to another series of meetings tomorrow thru Sunday. What is the temperature you see in Maxim itself?
    -- Bob

I live in Massachusettes; Observatory in New Mexico

Hmm. Not sure how to better describe it. Maxim dl has a tab for camera control that opens a window titled "Camera Control". In that window are such controls to connect Maxim to the camera, turn on the Ccd coolers, what filter is being used for the current exposure, how long is the current exposure, how far along the current exposure is, etc. when there is no exposure occurring, the current cooling power, sensor temp and set point are displayed. The cooling power is said to be 0% and sensor temp is 1.$. The set point shows -15 which is what the startup script designates.

I have also sent this information off to the Maxim group.

Drive safely!

Ok, I didn't know if it was in MaxIm or in the ACP web user interface, sorry. Tts what I needed to know. Then yes, send it to Diffraction as it is within the camera's drive in all likelihood.
    -- Bob

Thread Information