Thread: Run Log

Hybrid View

Howard Bower Guest

Default Run Log

Last night I ran a plan created with ACP Planner. It was a single target with multiple filters running for
    approximately 9 hours. Everything appeared to work fine. I had a pause placed at the start using the #waitfor directive.
    Every aspect of the plan was completed with excellent results. However, the log report only showed the start of the run
    up to the pause. I checked the status periodically and the real time log information was current in the control panel.

Is there an obvious reason that would cause the log to be truncated? Just curious.

Best Regards,

Howard

Not sure, Howard, but you can look here to see if there is more log detail:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\ACP Web Data\Doc Root\logs... - this would be for Window 7

C:\Program Files\ACP Obs Control\WebDocs\logs... - for Windows XP
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

Howard Bower Guest

Thanks Dick for turning on the light. I found the run log in c:\Documents & Settings\All Users\Documents\ACP Web Data\Doc Root\logs\my user name.

I am running Windows XP. Here is what happened. I started the run on the observatory computer. I realized I had an error in the plan so I aborted this run

And made the change. I restarted the run on my iPhone over the Internet. Thus I had one truncated run log where I normally find it in my documents and the full run log

Stored in ACP Web Data. So the inference is logs for runs initiated over the Internet are stored in ACP Web Data and logs for runs initiated on the local host are stored

In my documents?

Thanks again Dick and Best Regards,

Howard

Hi Howard. Glad that is all cleared up for you. Yes, If you are remoting in, the logs go in one place; if you are a local user, they go in another. Look at the Preferences tabs: Local User and Servers to see the difference. You can, I believe set these to any place you want to, if you'd want to put all the logs in the same place.
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

You can, I believe set these to any place you want to, if you'd want to put all the logs in the same place.
    True, and you can alter it with the custom file/folder capability as well. Note that the location in which logs are put when running through the web UI must be accessible to ACP's web server or you won't have access when using the web. Being able to see the logs from the web is good.

Trying to satisfy people who run locally inside the observatory as well as those who run remotely through the web is a challenge. Espercially people who routinely switch back and forth :-)
    -- Bob

Howard Bower Guest

Gentlemen - Thanks to you both for your replies. Dick turned on the light for me - you know sometimes the
    Light is on and no one is at home . . . This time the lights were out - I was looking for the answer in the weeds
    Instead of looking at the big picture. Bob, the whole thing makes total sense to me related to file handling.
    I will leave it the way it is. BTW, ACP is a wonderful observatory control software. I have been
    Using it for about 30 days now and it is the best in class. The technical problems I have encountered have
    Been resolved in large part by using the extensive documentation you have provided. Last Wednesday
    Night my wife and I went to see the Dave Koz Christmas program at the Mesa Arts Center. We were in our
    Seats 10 minutes before the show started. I pulled out my iPhone and started a session. As you know Wednesday
    Night was as good as it gets for astrophotography in the valley. I checked on the status at intermission and had 3
    30 minute exposures already completed. Great Stuff!

At any rate, thanks for your help and Happy Holidays to you both,

Howard

Woo Hoo!!! You probably know we live in Mesa. We love the arts center. Thanks for the good news.
    -- Bob

Thread Information