Howard Bower Guest

Default Robo Focus Valid Range 0 to 1

I have downloaded the trial version and have been taking it for a spin. I must say ACP is an elegant observatory control solution. I have been extremely impressed.
    And, to a large extent, I have been successful. Solutions to my problems I have typically found in the documentation.

I began using the filter offsets and this has worked very well. However, after the first autofocus, ACP tells the focuser to add 3 for the Ha filter and then Robo Focus states valid range is 0 to 1 OK? The program will stop running until I click OK. After that all subsequent filter offset changes are made without incident. I have seen two posts related to this on the FocusMax yahoo group but no answers to the problem were noted.

Any light shed on this would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Howard

Howard Bower Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Bower View Post
    I have downloaded the trial version and have been taking it for a spin. I must say ACP is an elegant observatory control solution. I have been extremely impressed.
    And, to a large extent, I have been successful. Solutions to my problems I have typically found in the documentation.

I began using the filter offsets and this has worked very well. However, after the first autofocus, ACP tells the focuser to add 3 for the Ha filter and then Robo Focus states valid range is 0 to 1 OK? The program will stop running until I click OK. After that all subsequent filter offset changes are made without incident. I have seen two posts related to this on the FocusMax yahoo group but no answers to the problem were noted.

Any light shed on this would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Howard
    I think (in part) I have answered my own question during the imaging run tonight. It seems that I get this error on the initial focus run if I let the program open
    FocusMax. I opened FocusMax tonight before I began the image run and did not get the error.

I guess sometimes it pays to be lucky rather than good:-)

Best Regards,

Howard

Hi Howard,

It's a known issue that 'sometimes' FocusMax has problems if you let ACP open it. For the highest reliability, always open FocusMax manually.

Jim

Howard Bower Guest

Thanks Jim for your confirmation.

Best Regards,

Howard

Howard, Jim gave you the best answer, and it may solve your problem too. I'm one of the lucky people, for whatever reason I'll never know, who doesn't seem to have to worry about starting FocusMax at the beginning of the evening. BUT, I do that anyway now, because if you let ACP start FocusMax (if that works for you), then you wind up having a zillion little log files, one for each time FocusMax starts. It's especially a nuisance when you use filter offsets for focusing where each focus change generates its own log file. I prefer to have all the logs in one file.
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

Howard Bower Guest

Thanks Dick. That's good to know. Yet another good reason to open FocusMax at the start of the evening.

Best Regards,

Howard

Thread Information