Have been putting a photometry system together and ready to add ACP/Scheduler. Need new computer though. My site is fairly distant from my home and will need to be able to turn the computer off and on remotely or automatically. What capabilities should I look for in that respect in the computer? I have seen "remote boot", "automated on" and "power state after power loss". Thanks. I am working up a photometry system, now working in a manual fashion. I am ready to head down the road with ACP and scheduler but it is apparent that I need a new computer. My concern is that, as my observatory is remote to my home, I will ultimately want to be able to power down and up the obs computer remotely or on a schedual and I am concerned that I buy a computer that will facilitate this. What am I looking for in the computer in this respect. "remote on", "automatic on" or "power status after power loss" some other feature.
I am working up a photometry system, now working in a manual fashion. I am ready to head down the road with ACP and scheduler but it is apparent that I need a new computer. My concern is that, as my observatory is remote to my home, I will ultimately want to be able to power down and up the obs computer remotely or on a schedual and I am concerned that I buy a computer that will facilitate this. What am I looking for in the computer in this respect. "remote on", "automatic on" or "power status after power loss" some other feature.