There is a lot of documentation available, but it is in free-text-searchable/indexed/hypertext format that can only be read on the PC, and on the web accessible via the ACP web user interface. If you would like to set up a call (many types possible) I would be happy to chat about it. That would probably be the best way to see how to apply Expert Scheduler to your needs. There is a learning curve with Expert Scheduler, and I can probably help you set out on a good track. I can do telephone, Skype, Google call, Facebook call, even Facetime. We are on UTC - 7 time and I am (usually) here M,Tu,Th,Fr,Sa 0800-1700.

I see you somehow got an account here as 'gboyle' back in 2010, I found you in our system and you have support current through 2016 :-) Feel free to use the Expert Scheduler section as well as this Pre-Sales one. Either works.

I would like to change your user name (login also) to "Gavin Boyle", it is sort of a custom here to use our real names instead of a BBS style login. Let me know. Your password would not change.