Default MPCORB compiler error when

Hi

I gave this software a quick run through last night - got most of it going but hit what (to me) was a strange error message when i tried to run with autoguiding (with an AO-7) in a script.

So i was able to take reliable images (without autoguiding) and I could run the autoguider script so tried to put them together in a simple script as follows:

#count 1
    #interval 20
    #Repeat 1
    #autoguide
    NGC 7317

This passed the plan checker (well it gave me a warning saying there needed to be an autoguider, which there was). But as soon as i tried to run the script i got an error as follows:

ACP console log opened 13-Sep-2012 20:11:00 UTC
    This is ACP version 6.0 (build 11, Build for Hot Fix 4 (Nov 2011))
    Unlicensed copy - 30 day demo mode
    Licensed to
    20:11:03 Initializing AcquireSupport V6.0.7
    20:11:03 Telescope is ACP->LX200GPS/R, driver V2
    20:11:03 MaxIm DL/CCD is version 5.18
    20:11:03 Imager is SBIG w/ AO
    20:11:03 Imager readout modes:
    20:11:03 0 is Normal
    20:11:03 1 is Fast
    20:11:03 Guider is SBIG w/ AO(internal/off-axis)
    20:11:03 (AO unit detected, alternate guiding in effect.)
    20:11:03 Calculated unbinned plate scales (arcsec/pix): H = 0.81 V = 0.81
    20:11:03 Calculated field of view (arcmin): H = 21.5 V = 16.1
    20:11:03 This is AcquireImages V6.0.9
    20:11:03 Compiling plan...
    20:11:03 Compiler error: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\ASCOM\MPCORB\MPCORB.MDB'.
    20:11:03 Run ending due to plan errors
    ACP console log closed 13-Sep-2012 20:11:09 UTC

I had no idea what a MPCORB.MDB is but it seems to be a minor planet database - which seems strange as that isnt what I was trying to image.
    I looked in the directory and there was no *.MDB - there was a text file that said you could create an access database file by following a process - but it says to go to a website which asks for a username and password. At this point I ran out of ideas !

If I take the autoguider line out of the script it runs fine and takes an image (without autoguiding)

Any idea what is going on and what I can do to fix this - I am still very new so may have done something stupid - though I cant think what I might have done !

Thanks Warren

I just ran it successfully, so I need to see the actual plan file as is. Please attach it to your reply. But let's try something much easier:
    1. If needed, turn on the web server (Preferences, Servers). Leave it on.
    2. Click Use Web Browser, you should see the ACP web observing app in your browser
    3. Open the Live Observing menu on the left and click Single Image
    4. Fill in the target name "NGC 7317" and click Get Coordinates
    5. Fill in the exposure you want. It will autoguide if the exposure is longer than the Maximum Unguided exoposure you set up when installing ACP
    6. Click AcquireImage. Now in the System Status area click Show/Hide Run Log and Abort Control to see the observing log.
    No fair peeking at the ACP program!!

If you want a little live help from me, please call +1 480 396 9700 starting next Monday (I am taking myself offline today, in a bit, to tackle an support problem and maybe get some more done on ACP 7).
    -- Bob

Hi Bob

Thanks for the quick reply. Have attached the file which was giving the error. Ill try the other suggestion short term - longer term I am looking to acquire series of images so will want to be going down the plan route.

Regards, Warren
    Attached Files Attached Files

If your series of images is of a single target, you can (and should) use the web UI, Color Series form. I'll look at this ASAP but I am stacked up now for at least a couple of hours on previous support tickets.
    -- Bob

I ran your exact plan here under ACP 6 HF4 and it looks up the deep sky object NGC 7317 just fine. I don't know why it decided that your target was for a minor planet.

There is normally no need for the #autoguide directive as ACP makes decisions based on the Maximum Unguided Exposure Interval and will guide if the exposures exceed that time). The #repeat 1 and #count 1 are redundant, 1 is the default value. again, if you're taking a series of images, but of a single target, then you can still use the web UI. It will be much faster/easier than the Planner or writing plans by hand.

I'd be happy to spend a bit of time with you online if you want. Just call +1 480 396 9700 during business hours MST (UTC-7) M-F. After hours by appointment.
    -- Bob

Hi Bob

Thanks for the update. I have followed your alternative path ie let ACP chose whether to autoguide depending on exposure - so this is fine (and easier!).

Regards, Warren

If you want to call and have me help please do.
    -- Bob

Thread Information