Thread: Shutdown Script

Hybrid View

Default Shutdown Script

Hi all,
    I fully intend to purchase Scheduler fairly soon, but I recently asked Bob Denny privately if a Planner script could be ammended to shut down my power controller at New Mexico Skies so I didn't have to go in each morning and power the camera fan, telescope fan, and Paramount down. Planner's shutdown does indeed warm the sensor disconnect the camera, and park the scope, but so long as power is on, the fans turn. Bob has been kind enough to ammend my shutdown script and he asked me to post this publically in case anyone was interested. Bob states: "...The trick is to end your plans with #chainscript instead of #shutdown." As I'm under a pod roof "...then all you have to do is #chainscript ShutdownObs.js (assuming ShutdownObs is in the usual ACP Scripts folder)."

Best, Warren

Hi Warren!!

I suuuuure hope it works! Thanks so much for joining the party here
    -- Bob

Hello Bob! The ammendment to the startupobs (RCOS TCC fan to Auto) worked! Per your instruction though, the #chainscript to ShutdownObs didn't. You'd stated in your email to me '...or are you under a pod roof? If the latter, then all you would have to do is the #chainscript ShutdownObs.js (assuming ShutdownObs is in the usual ACP Scripts folder).' ACP however would report a plan error that ShutdownObs did not exist. It was looking for a nonexistent folder Webdocs/scripts rather than the usual ACP Obs Control/Scripts folder. I created a scripts folder in webdocs and copied ShutdownObs.js there. Sound OK?! ACP now seems to be happy and I'll confirm this after the next full night's run. Thanks Bob!

Yeah, see if that does it. The alternative is to include the full path to the shutdown script, but that's painful!
    -- Bob

Default What Bob suggests is exactly what I used to do

What Bob suggests is exactly what I did prior to Scheduler and my now taking morning dome flats (which requires everything to remain powered on and cold).

#quitat 06:30
    #chainscript AO-Shutdown.js

At the end my shutdown script used to place the computer in hybernate.

try
    {
    Util.ShellExec("shutdown","/h ");
    } catch(ex)
    {
    Console.PrintLine("shell: " + (ex.message ? ex.message : ex));
    }
    console.printline("hybernate");

I shut off the power by using a USB powerstrip that senses when the computer is asleep and then cuts power.

Thread Information