Hybrid View

Default MaxIm uninstall/reinstall older version, ACP settings completely erased.

We've had to re-install an earlier (known working) version of MaxIM DL in order to troubleshoot some camera problems. In doing so, ACP somehow 'reset' itself. It's asking me to set up from scratch (including license). All my user folders and files are still located correctly in the ACP directory, but ACP's preferences are zeroed. Any idea what has happened, and how we can fix ?

Nope. I know of no way in which MaxIm install/uninstall could possibly alter ACP's settings in any way. And therefore I know of no way to fix it short of restoring from a disk image (Acronis or Ghost). Windows System Restore is evil. I've seen it work wonders and I've seen it wreak havoc. I'm osrry but I just can't offer any explanation or even a theory. Some key piece of info is missing from the evidence I get from your post.
    -- Bob

It's pretty simple actually. We uninstalled MaxIM 5.18. Re-installed MaxIM 5.09 (known previous working). ACP came up completely zeroed. User data intact, but no accounts or system preferences. Ended up restoring the entire c:\ partition from an Acronis backup (restoring ACP on its own did not help - so figured something had screwed up in registry). Have logged a support call with Cyanogen out of interest. In the mean time, the restore has ACP back up and running again. Perhaps a Windows thing.

Paul

Well, it's definitely not a MaxIm bug. I would follow up on back-revving from MaxIm 5.18 to 5.09 though. That is the developer's lament.
    -- Bob

I had once the same problem. See here :
    http://forums.dc3.com/showthread.php...alling-MaximDL
    emmanuel

So I see. I had forgotten that. Nonetheless, in both cases there is something else, a missing piece of the puzzle. ACP's settings are stored in a large registry tree that is completely separate from MaxIm's all the way up to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE root.
    -- Bob

Thread Information