Default New Styles Installation Completed

I have completed the installation of the styles for the new Comm Center. Right now the default it Blue Fox but I may soon change it to BlissfullySimple. I suggest you have a look at all of them and pick the one you like. The Fixed variants have been taken offline to avoid confusion. It's very easy to switch temporarily, just look for the style chooser at the bottom of any page. You can make your choice permanent (even if you log in from a different place) by setting it in Settings, My Account, General Settings, Forum Skin (down at the bottom) and Save.
    -- Bob

Bob, I'm settling back onto Blissfully Simple for two reasons: I like the big icons on the left of the main page - some are "darkened" and others are EASILY seen as bright pages, meaning new messages are there. I also find the little icons in the Hybrid view also to be easier to "read" to tell the difference between read and unread messages. But I notice that the background color on the hybrid window is Army green (rgb(51,51,0)) - not my favorite color. It's no big deal.
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    w. focal reducer to f/5.3 ~ FL 1630mm
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XME
    FOV ~ 15' x 10'
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    MaxIm and, of course, ACP!
    AAVSO Code: BRIC

Well, that's my color deficiency for ya. Suggest a color in RGB..
    -- Bob

Hi Bob,

I don't know whether anyone else has seen this, but I get this behavior consistently on every computer I've tried it on (IE8, IE9, Chrome, Firefox). That is, when I type my logon name, I can't see it. I see the dots when I type my password, but never my name. A dropdown will appear with my name in it if this is the 2nd logon and the browser hasn't been closed. I've change compatability mode settings, but as near as I can tell, it never makes any difference. Perhaps there's something else I'm missing?

It's not a big deal as I'm usually not looking at what I'm typing anyway when logging on, but I thought you should know.

Jim

Yeah, thanks for reminding me. It seems limited to the BlissfullySimple theme. Lemme see if I can fix it.
    -- Bob

For now I have to give up. Something is forcibly changing the te3xt from that gray to black. I just logged out and saw those boxes change to light yellow with black type. Then you could see the username. I have bigger fish to fry right now.
    -- Bob

Bob, FWIW I don't know if this will help, but I used the developer tools (in this case in IE9) to examine the HTML code for the login box region. The attached is a picture of that code section - shows "color=: #000000". Don't know if this is the problem site, nor can I test or fix it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XME
    FOV ~ 15' x 10'

Yep, I saw this. Now, leaving that window open, click in the password field. You'll see the style="color: #000000;" disappear! And the User Name in gray type will reappear if you haven't typed into it. Click back in the user name field, and the style="color: #000000;" reappears before your eyes!
    -- Bob

It's just magic! I wish I could do that at a party - go from invisibility to visibility and back again.
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XME
    FOV ~ 15' x 10'

Thread Information