Default Progress on Forum Appearance and operation

It seems that BlissfullySimple has decided to start working with the WYSIWYG editor. Very odd. I have made numerous changes to the look and feel of both BlissfullySimple and BlueFox (only the fluid ones), most notably replacing the thread status icons with some new ones I found that are much better. I changed the "new messages" ones to have a bright yellow checkmark so it's really obvious which forums and threads have new messages. I still can't tell which messages in the thread tree are new, that's my next task.

One of the reasons I have shied away from offering a light colored theme is the use of yellow highlighting. Well this new version has new bbCode tags for highlighting. [highlight]This is a test[/highlight] becomes This is a test in this style. If you change to vbDefault, a light color style, you'll see the highlighted text just fine, with a "yellow highlighter" background. Cool!!

So if we all start using the [highlight] bbCode instead of [color=yellow] then our highlighted text can be read by people using light styles. I plan to add a nice light style soon.

PS: I used the "noparse" bbCode to let you see the bbCode for highlighting above. Another nice new feature. The more I learn the happier I am with this.
    -- Bob

I've done more mods, this time to BlissfullySimple. It seems to be working well, and with my mods its appearance is more consistent with BlueFox, and more logical with the link colors (seeing links).
    -- Bob

I'd like to switch over to BlissfullySimple as the Comm Center default theme. It's coming out really nice, and I do like the simplicity of it. Could some of you try it out and see what you think compared to the Blue Fox? I'd appreciate it. I'm going to add a light theme too. With the new [highlight] bbCode tag, we can have yellow-text on the dark themes and it will look like yellow highlighter on the light themes instead of the invisible yellow letters.
    -- Bob

Bob,

The BlissfulySimple works for me. Your efforts with this theme are paying off. Thanks.

Geoff

Thank you Geoff!!!
    -- Bob

Thread Information