Default HELP: Should we just go with the Blue Fox Fluid as the default style?

I kind of liked the BlissfullySimple style when I first bought it. But it has some serious problems. I've fixed a few, but it's really time-consuming as I'm wading through an enormous pile of PHP code written by others and I'm not even a PHP programmer.

I've been using the Blue Fox style for a couple of days and it seems to be working fine. Would you all be OK with Blue Fox as the default at least in the short term? I don't like the forum and message icons as it's not obvious which threads have unread messages (that little checkbox doesn't do it for me). I can change those icons easily.

PS: You can select the style for your current session with a selector box way down at the bottom. You can select your preferred style in your account settings ("Settings" along the top on the right), My Settings section, My Account, General Settings, down toward the bottom Miscellaneous Options, Forum Skin (whew!!).
    -- Bob

Hi Bob

Really sorry to hear you're fighting your way through PHP. The little bit I've done in the past most definately wasn't fun!

Personally I'm happy with 'blue-fox-fluid' style - everything is clear from a readability perspective.

Thanks for all your hard work and efforts to modernize the forums

Russ
    Russell Archer
    LX200 ACF 12in, SXVR-H9, SX AO-LF, SX Lodestar, SX FW

Thanks Russ --

I'm trying to tweak this so it puts its best foot forward. But there's a limit... sort of like a painting (or a software program), you could spend forever making it "better".
    -- Bob

Bob,

I like this skin primarily because it has such informative icons on the main Forum front page - showing which segments have new messages. It would be okay with me. Are you saying that you're going to ditch the other variations that are currently in the Quick Style Chooser at the bottom?

If you don't want to turn into an artist by tweaking all this stuff, why don't you ask a real artist (especially someone you know) to help you?

EDIT: Now that I look at Blissfully Simple, I think I like those icons better. Is there any way to import them into Blue Fox?
    Dick
    www.VirgilObservatory.us
    Pier-mounted Meade 12-inch SCT "classic"
    Optec TCF-S focuser
    SBIG CFW-8A and ST7-XMEv
    H-alpha, BVRI, RGB & Clear filters
    FOV ~15’ x 10’

Ha ha that's funny! The icons are what attracted me to BlissfullySimple. I could import them, but they'd look weird due to color differences. I've put a bright yello light on the "new messages" icon here to make it wasier to spot. I'm also tweaking the text and hyperlink colors to make them easier to read and make the hyperlink more obvious. White wasn't a good color for that. YOu might notice that the text is lighter now and the links have a bluish cast.
    -- Bob

Thread Information