Default Trying to connect ACP with AAG Cloud Sensor

Hi Bob (and other users of AAG):

I'm trying to connect the AAG cloud sensor (latest version) with ACP. The AAG help document instructs to use this weather ID:

"AAG_ACPWeatherFeed.weather"

and click on "Setup Weather Server"

When I do this, I get an error message:

"The ID of the Weather Server Appears to be Wrong"

I've written to Antonio (haven't heard back yet) to see if there is another name I should be using. But I'm wondering if AAG is in a folder that ACP isn't looking for? So I can't tell if the name is wrong, or if I have to do somethinig to tell ACP what the correct path is.

I'd appreciate help from anybody who's using AAG with ACP.

Thanks,

Rob

The ID has nothing to do with the physical location of the program or DLL files. It is registered with the operating system, which just has to know where the files are (wherever they are). Moving the files after registering, though will break the link.

One limitation of AAG with the Scheduler is that it can report unsafe weather then within a very short time (seconds even) report it safe again. Scheduler requires at least 10 minutes of unsafe weather once it goes unsafe. I plan to put this delay into the next version of ACP. I also will ask Antonio if there is a way to make it happen within the current cloud watcher.
    -- Bob

Default Trying to connect ACP with AAG Cloud Sensor

Bob:

You wrote: "Scheduler requires at least 10 minutes of unsafe weather once it goes unsafe." Did you mean that it requires at least 10 minutes of "safe" weather once it goes unsafe?

From your post, I understand that the path is not the problem. Can you think of any other reasons why ACP is giving me the error message on the name of the cloud sensor?

I still haven't heard from Antonio, so if any other users are using AAG with ACP, it would be great if you could look in "Preferences" and let me know what the name of your AAG cloud sensor is. I don't think I have a typo, because I copied and pasted the name from the AAG documentation.

Best,

Rob

Default Got it working. One question about your previous post.

Bob:

I got it connected. When I copied and pasted the name of the weather sensor from the AAG help file, I left an extra space. That was enough to prevent the connection. I deleted the space, and got it working.

So all of my hardware is connected. My next step will be to start generating V-curves with FocusMax, and then continue by sending simple scripts to ACP. It's overcast tonight, and getting ready to snow. So I may be offline for a few days until it clears up.

I did have the one remaing question about your previous post. You wrote: "Scheduler requires at least 10 minutes of unsafe weather once it goes unsafe." Did you mean that it requires at least 10 minutes of "safe" weather once it goes unsafe?

Best,

Rob

What I mean is "Once the weather indication being given to ACP goes from safe to unsafe, it must not go from unsafe back to safe for at least 10 minutes." If you're not using the Scheduler this isn't much of a problem, but with Scheduler it is.
    -- Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Capon View Post
    Hi Bob (and other users of AAG):

I'm trying to connect the AAG cloud sensor (latest version) with ACP. The AAG help document instructs to use this weather ID:

"AAG_ACPWeatherFeed.weather"

and click on "Setup Weather Server"

When I do this, I get an error message:

"The ID of the Weather Server Appears to be Wrong"

I've written to Antonio (haven't heard back yet) to see if there is another name I should be using. But I'm wondering if AAG is in a folder that ACP isn't looking for? So I can't tell if the name is wrong, or if I have to do somethinig to tell ACP what the correct path is.

I'd appreciate help from anybody who's using AAG with ACP.

Thanks,

Rob
    Hi,

Did you every get this to work satisfactorily? Am shopping around.

Some of this thread is ancient. Try using the AAG weather server that comes with ACP 8.1, as described in ACP Help, Weather. Also the issue of rapid safe/unsafe/safe has been taken care of several releases (and years) ago.
    -- Bob

Thread Information