Hi Bob:

I'm working my way through the "Getting Started" documentation, and am stuck on the dome setup. The problem is that the "Dome" menu is grayed out in ACP. I also have questions about the dome geometry (see below).

The documentation instructs the user to disconnect from the telescope if this happens, and I did so. Here are some other things I've done so far:

1) Restarting the computer
2) Quitting out of DDWCP (to make sure there wasn't a COM port conflict)
3) Loading the DDW Ascom driver. I'm running Win7 (64-bit) and installed the x64 driver. (It doesn't allow me to install the X86 driver).
4) Loading my dome preferences. Checked the box that says Enable ACP. Under "Select Dome" chose Digital DomeWorks. Under Properties, chose the correct com port (COM3).
5) Verified in DDWCP that I have the correct COM port. (I do).

So, for some reason, I can't do anything with the Dome pull down menu because it's grayed out.

While on the subject of the dome, I wanted to confirm the terms that you use for dome geometry:

1) DDW says "Offset East". I trust this is your Mount Pivot EW Offset. Mine is 0, so I don't need to worry about the sign.
2) DDW says "Offset North". ACP says "Mount Pivot NS Offset". I'm assuming this is the same, and North is positive.
3) DDW says "Offset Up". ACP says "Vertical Offset". I'm assuming this is the same, and that up is positive.
4) DDW says "German offset". ACP has a field "Optical Axis Offset". Is this the same? Is up positive?
5) Dome radius. Got it.
6) Dome AZ Bias. I have no idea whatsoever what this is.

Thanks for confirming the above. Making good progress. I have ACP working with the Paramount and TPoint via the SkyX. The GSC is loaded. FocusMax and Maxim are installed, and I have them working together, but not yet linked to ACP. Your time sync program has also been installed. I think I can have everything configured in a day or two.

All best,

Rob