Hybrid View

Default Two Cameras...Different Filters

I use either my ST10 with LRGBHa filters or the STL-11000 with LRGBHa filters but the difference being the location for each filter wheel. The ST10 has a CFW8 which has 5 filter slots populated as R,G,B,L,Ha and the STL-11000 has 8 filter slots where the filters are positioned as R, G, B, none, L, none, and Ha for balance.

I know that Planner has a place where you list the filters as installed in MaxIm but is Planner looking for position slot # when calling for a filter change or filter name? Looking at the plans themselves it appears as if it is name only. If name is used I don't see the issue with where the filter is listed as long as the names are the same in Planner and MaxIm and that the luminance filter is maybe in the proper slot.

Point being is that I've probably made plans without changing the slot locations in Planner although properly listed in MaxIm and I have seen any issue with my LRGB imaging using the wrong filters. Being that Planner on my office computer has the filters listed as for the ST10, creating plans, and using the STL-11000 to image that plan. Seems if the names are correct the proper filter is used. Is this correct or have I just been lucky? As I said, the filters are listed in MaxIm correctly.
    Steve
    http://www.astral-imaging.com

Scottsville, Virginia
    ACP Expert
    AP1200GTO
    Mach 2
    Tak EM200
    AP 92mm Stowaway
    OGS 12.5" RC
    TAK FSQ-106ED
    ZWO ASI2600MC Duo Dual Chip CMOS
    STL-11000M/CF8
    STX-16803
    Pyxis 3" Rotator
    Starlight Xpress UltraStar Guider
    MMOGA
    12' Astro Haven Dome

Yes, observing plans work off filter names, and are independent of their place in the wheel. ACP translates the names to the slots by reading the MaxIm filter array at the beginning of the run (the plan compiler does this).
    -- Bob

Thread Information