Default Scheduler Crash on New observation

Hi there,

I am testing scheduler now and it works... The only problem I get is when I modify a Plan, image Request or similar, The following appears:
    ---
    Syntax error in UPDATE statement.
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.Exception: Syntax error in UPDATE statement.
    ** at DC3.Scheduler.Database.SafeExecuteNonQuery(OleDbCo mmand C)
    ** at DC3.Scheduler.Plan.Update(Boolean SetDirty)
    ** at DC3.Scheduler.BrowserForm.btnSavePlan_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    ** at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    ** at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    ** at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
    ** at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    ** at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    ** at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    **at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    ** at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
    ** at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
    ** at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    ---------

Any idea? I'm Running on Windows 7 64bit, english Version.

Thanks
    Lukas

Woo, this is a first! I guess as a first step, please send me your SchedulerData.mdb file as an attachment. Zip it then attach it to your reply here. Also include a click by click set of steps to reproduce the error, and let me know what version of Scheduler you are using.
    -- Bob

Hi Bob,

alright, here you have the attached file you requested. I can reproduce the error with these steps:

1) Start Browser.exe (as Admin, wont run here without admin rights)
    2) Add new Observer, rename it
    3) Under that observer, add new project
    4) Under that project, add new plan
    5) Change anything for that plan, and save. You'll get that error

I am running Scheduler 3.4 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Update: Alright, I uninstalled and reinstalled Scheduler, and now it seems working...? Maybe there was a file it uses that got overwritten...

Thanks
    Lukas
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lukas --

OK, so the problem is gone? I cannot reproduce it here, so it does sound like something was wrong with the installation.

Neither the schedule browser nor the scheduler itself should require admin privileges though. Is this still the case after your re-installation?
    -- Bob

Hi Bob,

Yes they are both working now. If I run them without admin privileges, they give me a registry error. I'll have a deeper look at it tomorrow and get back to you.

Thanks again
    Lukas

Registry error? Yes, let me know, as this should not be :-)
    -- Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denny View Post
    Registry error? Yes, let me know, as this should not be :-)
    Alright, I sorted it out. It looks like I had a mess in the registry, denying access to ACP :P My fault. I still have to run it as Admin, though, as my mount's software (ASA DDM85) needs to run as admin. By the way, I always get an error when connecting to the mount in ACP and the mount's software is not already running:

"Object variable or width block variable not set"

When I try to connect with the mount's software already running, it works but I end up with two instances of the mount's software... Strange, right? ;-)

Another question: Is there a way to cool down the camera (and warm it up again) for Scheduler plans? Like saying, open the dome, cool the camera to x degrees, start your run?

Thanks
    Lukas

Please contact ASA regarding the problems in Autoslew. They know about the multiple instance problem but I don't know if they are aware of the issue with needing admin privileges.

In answer to your second question, definitely yes. There is a script that Scheduler runs at some configurable time before sunset. That script can power-on devices, start MaxIm/FocusMax, etc. cool the camera, and so forth. There is no "one size fits all" for this due to the variations in equipment and power control systems (the power outlets must be scriptable or web-controllable or ???). There is a sample script in the premium section for ACP which I have attached here. The difference for Scheduler is that you do NOT open the dome/roof in the startup script.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -- Bob

Thread Information