Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Observadome driver failure [solved]

See this for the Hot Fix 4 announcement.
    -- Bob

Bob,

Thanks for the quick action and the phone call (I missed it as I was at the observatory and not at home..sorry). In any case, I was fighting another problem with the dome control (not ACP related!) which kept me down all the long clear moonless weekend I won't be back at the scope till late December (I live in London and am back there now) so I'll have to test HF4 in a few weeks.

Thanks again!

Mark Williams

PS: I did talk to Dan regarding the RCOS driver and he promised to modify it.

Mark --

OK, dang it. Where is the scope? ANd HF4 should eliminate the need for conformance on all of the Telescope V2 CanXxx properties, but it will be better to have the driver conform :-)
    -- Bob

Bob....the scope is at my ranch in the Texas Hill Country, west of San Antonio....a bit of a commute from England!

Ah, nice area! Somewhere near Kerrville? I like the area.
    -- Bob

Default Error after installing HF4

Bob,

I finally got back to Texas and the observatory and installed HF4. When I try to connect to the scope I get an ACP error: "Automation Error The system cannot find the file specified." I've tried connecting to the RCOS Professional Controller and to the Simulator with the same result. What have I done wrong?

Thanks,

Mark Williams

Mark --

If ACP can't even cpnnect to the scope simulator, something deep is broken or missing. I'm not sure where to even start, and I cannot get on to your system live today, and it doesn't look like tomorrow is good either (see this note).

Try running the ASCOM Platform 6 installer for repair. DO NOT UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL. Just run the installer for repair. Next, start up POTH (under ASCOM Scope/Dome hubs) and try connecting with IT to the simulator first, and if that works then to the RCOS driver. If that works try ACP again. That's what I would do (since I don't know what's missing/broken on your system).
    -- Bob

Bob,

While I''m downloading the setup files for acp-6, here's another clue....when I disable the dome the scope connects fine. Doesn't matter if I specify the real dome or the dome simulator, I get the same error. I'll see what happens after reloading v 6.

Mark

Bob,

More diagnostics....

Reinstalled ACP v6 (without uninstalling!) and HF4. When I connect to the scope with the dome control disabled, ACP connects OK. With the Observadome dome selected and dome control enabled I get "Automation Error The System cannot find the file specified ."

When I use the dome simulator, the telescope connects just fine.

When I specify the Observadome in the dome chooser and click on "properties" I get a "Failed to load driver: Cannot create ActiveX component" message.

If I use the POTH and try to connect to the Observadome driver I get the same behavior. Dome simulator works, but the real dome doesn't.

So it appears something is going on with the Observadome dome driver. What's weird is that it was working perfectly well until I first installed HF3.

Mark

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Williams; Dec 20, 2011 at 02:11. Reason: Revised diagnostics

Email

Just out of curiosity, are you using a hub?

Steve

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 6:33 PM
    To: sreilly@hughes.net
    Subject: Re: [ACP Observatory Control Software] We made it, Hot Fix 4 is out
    now

Bob,

Reinstalled ACP v6 (without uninstalling!) and HF4. Same behavior when
    connecting scope. Connects fine with dome control disabled but fails to
    connect to scope when dome control is enabled. Same behavior with the real
    dome (Observadome) and the dome simulator.

Mark

This message was posted via email
    Steve
    http://www.astral-imaging.com

Scottsville, Virginia
    ACP Expert
    AP1200GTO
    Mach 2
    Tak EM200
    AP 92mm Stowaway
    OGS 12.5" RC
    TAK FSQ-106ED