Default ACP Rotator Controller will not connect to my Pyxis 2" Rotator

The rotator control applet in the ACP control program will not connect with the
    new Pyxis ASCOM driver. It gives an ACP Rotator Control Component error "The
    port 'COM1' does not exist" and then RotControl error "Run-time error '91': when
    asked to connect. My Pyxis driver version is v 2.1.6 and I have ASCOM 6.The Rotator Controller applet is v 2.1.0.2. TheMaximDL rotator control connects alright and controls the rotator. Does anyone who runs ACP and the Pyxis rotator have any ideas what to do about this? I cannot use ACP until this is working.

Thanks,
    Barbara

Barbara --

Is it possible that you have two different drivers selected? The 2.1.0.2 Rotator Controller has the Choose button, right? So if you are using the same driver there should be no difference in behavior. MaxIm as far as I know also uses the ASCOM driver for its rotator control. Is it possible that you have both MaxIm and ACP/RotControl trying to open the same COM port at the same time. If so whoever is first will win.

Can you choose the Rotator in MaxIm and click the ASCOM Rotator Chooser's Properties... button, then take a screen shot. Then repeat with the ASCOM Rotator Chooser running from RotControl. Post back here with the 2 screen shots attached to your reply (<-- click to see how to attach).
    -- Bob

Default Results of tests

Thank you for the reply Bob. I tried to connect to the rotator with the ACP rotator controller open and with Maxim closed and got the same results. I have no idea how to troubleshoot this problem. I tried this on another computer and got the same results. The ACP RotControl will connect to the ASCOM rotator simulator with no problem and I can connect to the rotator driver with the ASCOM Diagnostic program. Here are the screen shots you wanted.

Barbara
    Attached Images Attached Images

OK, I can't make sense of this. I'm going to ask the Optec guy to jump in on this.
    -- Bob

I talked with Optec, and discovered that they are already working this one with you on their support forum. I don't know what I can add at this point, but they (Optec) know I will help in any way I can including working with their in-house developer. At the moment he's awaiting info from you.
    -- Bob

Thanks Bob, I will work with Jordan on their site until we can figure out who's software is causing this. Will copy here if we find something.

Barbara

Optec contacted me today and the problem was an incompatibility between ACP Rotator Controller and their special "multi-instance" support in the Pyxis driver. This was solved via cooperation between Optec back in March of this year and appeared in ACP 6.0 Hot Fix 1. The problem appeared shortly after they released the multi-instance driver, and was diagnosed and fixed within a week thanks to the teamwork with the excellent people of Optec, specifically Jordan Schaenzle. Barbara had not updated. All is well now.
    -- Bob

Thread Information