Default What version and Cust #

Hi,

You may recall I work for your customer Ted Schimenti. Our dome has been offline for about a year while we waited for DDW to create a new Pro Dome 10 driver, and replaced our observatory computer with a Win7 64bit unit. We are in the process of re-starting the observatory and installing your software. I have two different customer # on file for him... 1793 and 2053. One says basic and the other personal. I need to know if he has a Basic or Personal Internet licence.

If basic, I would like to update to personal internet as per your DC3 shopping area.

Please tell me which version we-he owns so I can proceed.

Thank you and good seeing you at NEAIC.

Rick Bria......................for Ted Schmenti

Hi Rick --

We have only one license for Schimenti - Basic license 1793. Number 2053 was entered in error on 07-Aug-2007 and was deactivated. There are no further notes as to how that happened, I apologize.

I don't show you listed as a contact, and I apologize for not recalling your relationship. If Ted will contact us, we'll add you to the list of contacts on the license and if he wants we'll make you the primary contact. At that point, you would be able to upgrade the license.
    -- Bob

OK Bob, I understand... but I can't help but find this funny. You and I have been working together for Ted on and off for years... I've seen you at many East Coast conventions... but I do admit I can be very forgetable (grin).

Ted is not tech savvy, he won't even know why he needs Personal internet, so I'll have him call you at 1-480-396-9700 and get me on the contact list.

But while I have you, one more question.

If we - he upgrades to Personal Internet, will that get him up from version 5.1a to version 6.1? Or will he also need to buy one year of support for that?

Thank you very much,
    Rick Bria

Oh no Rick, I totally know who you are... I don't remember the relationship between you and Ted (we have several thousand customers now!). SO we just needed to have Ted call and add you to the license. He did, and at this point you can buy the upgrade. By upgrading to Personal Internet, you get that year of support and upgrades, so it will give you 6.0. It's a good deal... we encourage folks to do that upgrade. We want more internet capable versions out there because so many people end up sharing with friends, etc.

When you make the purchase via http://store.dc3.com/ enter your personal details. Stephanie knows to add you onto Ted's license as the primary technical contact and have the license made for and sent to you.
    -- Bob

I'm am of coarse just teasing...(grin) I know very well you have many customers and you are involved in ASCOM as well. You certianly have a full plate.

I upgraded Ted to Personal Internet.

Thanks for all you have done for us and thanks for such a great piece of ever improving software!

Be well,

Rick Bria

Round Hill Observatory

Rick --

We got your (and Ted's) order, thanks!!! Please feel free to ask for help if needed.

-- Bob
    -- Bob

Default Discs?

Bob,
    I've downloaded and installed the software from your site. All seems well. But the store states that a disc should have also been sent. Is that old info that no longer applies? Should I have recieved an ACP disc via snail mail?

Ted nor I have recieved an ACP disc... just FYI...

Thanks,
    Rick Bria

Rick --

On an upgrade we normally don't send out a CD since the upgrade for ACP is a license change and no new software needs to be installed. But we'll send out a CD today. I assume it should go to you? If so, we have Schimenti's postal address, so send your address to stephanie@dc3.com and it will be mailed.
    -- Bob

Thread Information